Filled with vitamins,minerals and fiber,bananas provide some important nutrients to the body. Bananas come as a versatile fruit and are loved by both adults and children.They are an excellent source of energy and can be eaten as whole,sliced to make fruit salad or mashed as baby food
- Potassium-Bananas are rich in potassium, a mineral essential for healthy heart,muscle,kidney and digestive system.
- Vitamin C-Vitamin C is known for it's antioxidant properties.It is also required in the formation of collagen,absorption of iron and formation of hemoglobin.
- Vitamin B6-It converts carbohydrates to glucose and thus maintains healthy levels of blood sugar in the body.It also helps in the formation of hemoglobin and metabolism of protein.
- Fiber-Bananas contain soluble fiber which lowers cholesterol.Soluble fibers also help in weight loss.
- Regulates Bowel Movements-Bananas contain pectin which is a soluble fiber that helps to regulate bowel movements.People who suffer from constipation should eat bananas.
- Better Brain Power -Research has shown that children who ate bananas at least 3 times a day performed in their exams.Potassium rich bananas help to boost brain power in children.
- Good for the Heart-Bananas contain enough potassium which helps prevent muscle cramps and other cardiovascular diseases.
- Healthy Bones -High Potassium content in bananas help to neutralize the high amounts of sodium in our diet.This prevents the weakening of bones.
- Better Eyesight-People who consume bananas regularly have lower incidence of vision problems.Bananas help to protect our eyesight.
- Ease Symptoms of Ulcer-Peptic ulcer is the most common type of ulcer.It has been found that a compound called protease inhibitor in bananas can help remove the ulcer causing bacteria in the stomach.
- Regulate Blood Sugar-Bananas help to curb the sweet tooth and help patients diabetes and blood sugar problems.